Dear Safety Professionals
Safety Professionals team happy to guide you safety aspirants again.
The topic Today is “HOW TO GRAB – HIGH MARKS IN NEBOSH EXAMS BY USING TOP 5 COMMAND VERBS “
Every nebosh students are having the difficulties in the way of approaching the questions and the way of answering methodology in NEBOSH Examinations .
So safety professionals team have decided to provide a free guidance to nebosh students to score high marks in nebosh examinations .
WHAT IS COMMAND WORD :
Command words are the important strategy , that every nebosh aspirants should know to score good marks in nebosh examinations .
Nebosh set a list of command words to assess the students demonstrating skills & the ability of presenting skill.
THE REASONS TO FOLLOW COMMAND WORDS IN NEBOSH EXAMS :
- Nebosh sets a list of command words to check the candidates demonstration skills
- Compliance with command words will help you to complete an examination with in prescribed time
- Compliance with command words shows your level of understanding to the examiners
- Helps you to score high marks in examination.
LIST OF COMMAND WORDS USED IN NEBOSH EXAMINATION :
COMMAND WORD (ACTION VERBS) OVER VIEW :
- Give – Give the accepted Definition / Meaning /Types /Examples
- Identify – Give an reference by simply mentioning the name or tittle
- Outline – Indicate only the principle features (Write only the Major points or key issues)
- Describe – Give the detailed key features of subject without explaining each points . ( Remember – The answer should have a sufficient details that the another persons can be visualize it )
- Explain – Provide what you have understood from that subject
NEBOSH EXPECTATIONS IN EACH COMMAND WORD :
HOW TO ANSWER FOR THE KEYWORD “”GIVE” ??
In this command word the nebosh expects that the candidates to give the common aaccepted definition or meaning .
Normally asked interns of – Give the meaning of , Give the examples of
Give some occupations at risk of “violence” at work ?
- Hospital emergency staff
- Social workers
- bus & taxi drivers
- traffic staffs Etc.
Give the meaning of term”ergonomics ” ?
Answer : The study of relation ship between the worker and the work that they are doing and the environment which they are doing it.
HOW TO ANSWER FOR THE KEYWORD ” IDENTIFY ” ?
In this types of questions nebosh simply expects the candidate to identify the key issues & main features of questions .
Providing the name / Title of the key features / word are enough .
In this area the questions will mainly come as “Identify the hazards” , “Identify the types’ etc .
Identify four common causes of fire in workplace ?
- Dis guarded smoking materials
- Electrical faults
- Static electricity
Identify the forms of chemicals that might be used in the workplace ? ?
For this kind of questions simply mentioning the major aspects or else name of types in sufficient no need to explain them at all .
HOW TO ANSWER FOR THE WORD OF ” OUTLINE “
In this type of questions the nebosh expects that the candidates to give the main features in the subject
Outline the types of mechanical hazards associated with the machinery ?
- Entanglement : On rotating parts of machine
- Drawing in : Between the rollers / Pully belt and wheels
- Friction : By contact with fast moving surfaces ex : Grinder
- Stabbing : From ejected parts or flying objects
Outline the principles of fire risk assessment ??
- Identify the fire hazards : Amount of combustible material storage , potential ignition sources , source of oxygen etc.
- Identify the people at risk : Employees , lone workers ,vulnerable groups , visitors etc
- Evaluate the risk : By assessing available fire prevention & fire protection control measures
- Record your findings : Record the identified hazards , control measures suggested , review times etc
- Review : Review the assessment when there is a changes in source of fuel , ignition sources , persons at risk and source of oxygen etc .
HOW TO ANSWER FOR THE KEYWORD “DESCRIBE”
In this type of questions the nebosh expects the candidates to describe the key features in the subject without probably explaining them .
Example Question :
Describe the principles of fire prevention ??
Starting of fire shall be prevented by control of fuel , ignition , oxygen sources in the workplace . Fire can be prevented by controlling fuel sources by elimination , minimizing quantities and safe use & storage of flammable materials . Fire can be prevented by controlling potential ignition sources such as electrical equipment,hot work , cooking and heating appliances etc . Fire shall also be controlled by safe system of work and proper house keeping methods etc .
HOW TO ANSWER FOR THE QUESTION WITH” EXPLAIN” :
For this type of questions you should give the answer ” what you have understood from that topic “
MODEL QUESTION :
Explain how trip device shall control the mechanical hazards in workplace ?
Trip devices are designed to identify the presence of person or body in danger zone . The device will cut off the power supply when there is a presence of body or person in danger zone of machinery. Examples of that devices include pressure mats and Light beams are connected to the source of machine and that will stop the machine whenever the the body of person is detected in danger zone .
Comply with the above mentioned command words are necessary to score good marks in nebosh examinations .
For further technical details & clarifications contact safety professionals team @ 09087440004 / 09176089284
Visit us for free NEBOSH IGC Intro classes :
No 7/5A, Ground Floor, Rajambal Street,
Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600042
Contact through: 095666 66424 / 9176089283
Especially for the People who desire on success ?
READ OUR FURTHER USEFUL ARTICLES :
- LEARN THE SECRETS OF NEBOSH IGC- 1
- AM I ELIGIBLE TO START MY CAREER IN SAFETY ?
- 13 EXCELLENT TIPS TO PASS YOUR NEBOSH EXAMS
- 8 STEPS TO COMPLETE YOUR NEBOSH RESIT EXAMS SUCCESSFULLY
- WAY TO PASS YOUR NEBOSH EXAMINATIONS
ABOUT US :
Safety Professionals is an leading safety training institute located in Chennai to enhance the health and safety awareness and to help the society to prevent the accidents by producing quality safety professional.
what we do for society & safety :
- Free nebosh model questions and answers
- NEBOSH Answering techniques guidance
- Nebosh IGC Exam preparation guidance etc .
subscribe our news letters to reveal the nebosh secrets .
VISIT OUR WEB PAGES :